Monday, July 27, 2015

Reason #128 why I love children...

They dance in the rain.  They find the fun.  They are DRAWN to it.  All children are.  The world is their oyster and they do all they can to enjoy it!  They soak in the wonder and delight in every precious small and big gift.  I want to be more like them when I grow up.

Let me back up a bit.  After dinner, I was sitting on the porch and reflecting on the true real LEGITIMATE STRUGGLE of the day.  Multiple meltdowns during room time at the same time; while I prayed to God they wouldn't wake Zayden. Dinner seems like it should be a WHOLE other post.  But, I will just jam pack this one.  I made a new recipe.  Brunswick Stew!  I felt so resourceful using up the leftover rice and barbecue and homemade salsa.  I was officially giving myself an award in my head for being very homemakery.  Half my Z's ate it.  Zayden and Zach even had seconds and Steve loved it!  And, it was low calorie!  But, Zane, Zadie and Zeke...  I don't want to talk about it. Actually I am lying.  I completely and totally want to talk about it.  Let me give you a few quotes from dinner where I tried very hard to be a grown up but actually failed...

"Zane if you were playing me a drum song and I covered my ears in disgust and every so often let my hands off my ears to hear one second only to recover my ears, would that be kind!!??"

"Zadie if you colored me a picture and I wouldn't even take the time to glance at the picture..."

Well, I am sure you can imagine.  The words might have been okay but my heart... my tone was REVENGE, ANGER...  My children always show me who I really am.  Anyways.  Stressful but wonderful dinner.  And, other surprise stressers from the day that I was not handling great.  I went to the porch to relax while Steve directed after dinner chores.  

And, the rain starts.  I am contemplating crying.  And, then Zadie comes out the door followed by all the other Z's and they start dancing and playing in the rain.  Pure JOY!  


They danced, raced, and played.  And, I felt my heart soften.  At one point I found such humor in them riding bikes and scooters BAREFOOT but with a helmet!  We care about brains not feet in the Wagner household apparently.  And, then the rain stopped.  We talked about that God brought us the perfect sprayground but it was over and Zeke raced to the garage to grab a watergun and yelled, "I can make Mo RAIN!"  


And, now I have to go and do all the wet laundry!

PS- The cutest rain song I have ever heard for preschoolers is:  "If all of the raindrops" on the "Songs for Wiggleworms" album!  You can't listen to it without smiling and dancing!  DO NOT get the barney version you will pass out from disgust and annoyance.


3 comments:

  1. This makes me want to dance in the rain too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much! I am so proud of you that you have started this blog to help encourage Moms! You are so good at seeing the specialness of each of our children!

    ReplyDelete