Saturday, October 3, 2015

Wagner News!

We have been hoping and praying for this for some time now...

19 more sleeps until we move into a new HOME!  Let me back up.

We fell in love with the perfect house for us 2 Thursdays ago.  We, as in Steve and a friend of ours, have been painting and pressure washing and new flooring our current house over the last month.  And, we quickly got the house on the market last Sunday since we had placed a contract on our potential new home.  72 hours later we had almost 10 scheduled showings and 3 contracts.  We were literally OUT of the house the whole day on Monday.  Desperate to kill time, I went to the MALL with my kids to return something. I RARELY go to the mall with my kids.  Mostly because ESCALATORS ARE SO TRICKY.  At one point I had a ridiculous up and down and up and down and up and down escalator situation to get everyone on the same floor.  It ended with me getting my shoeless Zayden out of the arms of a perfect stranger.  Good times.  Hilarious now, but a perfect example of why I rarely go to the mall.

Anyways,  We secured a contract on our house that asked for more than we listed for!  We are so thankful!  I spent the first few days in pure dream land.  Luckily our awesome real estate agent met my level of excitement.  Steve remained calm and content.  She even joked that he needed to up his level of excitement to meet ours!  I couldn't believe how it all came together and so fast.  I didn't even recognize my own house with new floors, new rugs and fresh paint everywhere I turned.  Seriously, take a look:

http://www.trulia.com/property/3215971231-1806-Jeffrey-Bryan-Dr-Charlotte-NC-28213

And, then Steve and I "left town" for our quarterly overnight get away on Thursday and it hit me.  We are leaving our HOME.  The home that we brought 5 of our babies home to.  The home RICH with memories of first steps, first bites, first fights and more.  We received a text from our agent alerting us that our playset/playhouse  was  a "fixture" and it had to stay.

WHAT!?!?

The playhouse and set that was gifted as a FAMILY PROJECT, as a pile of wood that was the BIG Christmas present 4 years ago.  The playset and house that my husband built with Zach, Zoe, Zane and Zadie?  Like they seriously cut the wood together, hammered in the nails together and PAINTED the playhouse as a family project.  They worked, while I watched from inside and nursed our then 3 month old Zeke.  And, every friend we have EVER had visit us has signed the inside of the playhouse.  And, the men in our small group LITERALLY raised it on the platform when we realized the shingles made it too heavy.  Not happening.  This whole moving thing is the MOST ridiculous idea we have ever had.  We don't need more space.  1700 square feet for 8 people is fine.  Roomy even.  Afterall folks in much of the world live in far less space.  The deal is off.  We are not buying.  We are not selling.  I will no sooner give them my next born child then I will give them OUR PLAYHOUSE BUILT WITH OUR LOVE.  What sort of heartless buyers are they?

Steve remained calm.  I flipped out.  This is how we do things.  He Listened.  Laughed.  Loved me well.  He reminded me of one of my favorite quotes, "Beginnings are Scary.  Ending are sad."  So thankful I had this "buyers remorse" when we were away together.  With our precious Z's around it would have been difficult to naviagate this convo.  So not thankful that I had the buyers remorse when we met up with the inspector whose very gift and talent is to point out and record every tiny detail that is wrong.

And, then eventually I calmed down.  And, remembered when I first began to pray about the house we were buying and the house we would sell MONTHS ago I prayed it would be a blessing for a family buying it.  And, then Steve pointed out that we could build a NEW treehouse in the TREES, this time including Zeke and Zayden!

I slept on it.  I prayed.  I ate a very big breakfast.

The next day I very so tenderly and with so much anxiety broke the bad news and the good news to the kids, "bad news we have to leave our playset, good news we will build a new one IN THE TREES".  I expected weeping.

They didn't even seem to GET the bad news.  They immediately started imagining and dreaming about all the features of their new playhouse they would build with their dad.  They referenced things I didn't understand.  They also all talked at once.  At one point Zoe said, "this isn't bad news at all this is all GOOD NEWS"!  I love kids.  They are so much better at flexibility and joy then I am.  They teach me.

Let the packing begin!  Looking forward to new memories but first...  Finding pleasure in remembering the old memories!





No comments:

Post a Comment